Monday, March 28, 2016

Easter Week of Work

I've overslept these past few days and knocked out half of my time away from the computer. I've needed lots of sleep, but I just felt the need to journal my class. I have spent most of the weekend searching for my new clip for my new animation piece. This again I believe is the most difficult part of starting a scene because I have an idea and sometimes your idea could not work with what is already there. A simple search for the saddest scene in cinema increases the chances that someone already has animate this. I've been at it all day to find an intense or sad piece that works within 6 to 7 seconds. There are a few but nothing within that amount of time to make any sense. When understanding that you only have that much time, you need to make sure that within the first frame of the shot you already are telling 95 % of the story. Dam this sucks, the more I search the more determined I am to make this the best I can possibly make it. I'm trying to break out of the box that many animators put themselves into once they start blocking a shot. I want to try new things with the camera, new ways of telling stories, give them something that's not to be expected. I feel I got to do this in order for my work to stick out but it's so difficult to find the shot that works for emotional moments. Now that I think about it, it's not the search I'm pissed about it's the amount of time I have to do it in. I know time is not on my side and my schedule has backed me into a corner I need to be very careful with how I use each hour of each passing day. I had to skip out on going to movies with friends and exercise in order to find this piece. Not to mention the fact that I want to get as much work done as I can. This is my last class for a while and each week is critical. I hope I don't go insane, as I'm doing this I'm trying to stay motivated and stay healthy. Sometimes giving a 120 thousand percent catches up quick! To give you an example, I'm writing this as I'm sleeping in my car during lunch break.

No comments:

Post a Comment