Sunday, November 5, 2017



My First official Overwatch Short, Reinhardt.
I'm so very honored and proud to have been part of this great project.
This was the first time I was able to work on internal monologue and facial close up.
Hot Dam was it a challenge, but everyday a new learning experience. I feel I learned a wealth of knowledge about face structure, muscular triggers, and eye movement.

Reinhardt is a character who compared to Winston is the heart beat of the overwatch team.
The tank and shield of the game. Within this 7 minute short we see what changed Rein into the man he will eventually become.

My supervisor Hunter Grant really was my shield animating this guy. Giving me the opportunity to have some of the most sincere shots in the film, was probably the best present I could have asked for. What I learned is that the most subtle acting shot can be just as hard if not HARDER than the most physical dynamic shot in the movie. What a challenge to take on, and such a gear change from the slappy physical cartoon style that I'm use to. At the end of the day our team was trying to make the most action packed heartfelt story we possibly could. Directed by Ben Dai who directed my favorites, The Last Bastion and Recall. It was an honor and dream come true to bring this character to the big screen!

Hope you enjoy it!    HAMMER DOWN!

No comments:

Post a Comment